organised by Würth Elektronik, 2e Interconnection and Helukabel
Cables & Connectors - ins and outs of the right connection
September 7 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Organizers: Erik van Hees - 2E Interconnection | Ronald Haan - Helukabel | Carlo Bakels - Würth Elektronik
- 9:00-9:30h: Reception
- 9:30-9:45u: Welcome and introduction - Erik van Hees /2E Interconnection & Carlo Bakels / Würth Elektronik Why are we organizing this seminar for you and how can we help you in designing and realizing your products.
- 9:45-10.15 AM: The basics of a connector - Remco van der Griendt / Würth Elektronik A connector consists of plastic and contacts. We look at plastics and how they are made resistant for use in different circumstances. In addition, the important role of contact resistance will be discussed.
- 10:15-10:30u: Pause10:30-11:15u: The magic behind shrinking a shrink contact- Remco van der Griendt / Würth Elektronik What is a good shrink? What are the points of interest and consequences if the shrink didn't go well? An insight into why good shrinkage is so important.
- 11:15-12:00: Industrial Automation Data Transmission (EN) - Horst Messerer / Helukabel From the bus line to Industrial Ethernet, where is the journey going? History versus today. Market Bus & Industrial Ethernet 2022 vs. 2021. Cable and connectors for field harness. Trend plug & play patch cables with overmolded connectors. Ix Industrial - new mating interface.
- 12:00-13:00u: Lunch
- 13:00-13:30u: Crimp workshop & connector assembly workshop
- 13:30-14:15u: How to come to the optimal cable design? - Erik van Hees / 2E Interconnection Technical information on cables with connectors for their specific application in the most optimal combination.
- 14:15-15:00: Single Pair Ethernet (EN) - Horst Messerer / Helukabel What is SPE and what´s the difference to traditional Ethernet? The advantages of SPE. Standards and data rates. PoDL Power over Data Line. Hybrid SPE M8 - data + 2 power cores DC and Hybrid SPE M12 - data + up to 4 power cores for AC & DC.
- 15:00-15:15u: Break
- 15:15-16:00u: Coax design looking at cable and PCB - Remco van de Griendt - Würth Elektronik HF design is often seen as black magic. For HF signals, it is essential to look at the total concept. Small differences can have an impact on the transport of signals. Cable, connector and PCB layout must be matched. In this topic we will go through the entire chain and make essential issues clear.
- 16:00-16:30u: Question & answer + evaluation shrink workshop
- 17:00: End
Where? Wednesday, September 7 location Eindhoven; Van der Valk hotel, Aalsterweg 322, Eindhoven
- You can register for September 7 in Eindhoven or September 8 in Zwolle.
- 7 September: Van der Valk hotel, Aalsterweg 322 in Eindhoven,
- There is no charge for the seminar and lunch is included.
- You can register until August 31 via the Würth registration form. Please note: the number of places is limited